Martin N. Walker, Esq. – BIOGRAPHY
Martin N. Walker is one of Illinois’ rising attorneys and legal stars. He is the founder and principal of The Walker Law Firm, LLC, founded in 2010.
Attorney Walker takes pride in educating and leaving positive impressions on our youth. As a public speaker, Martin has been invited to speak at numerous high schools, special events, and organizations about the impact of education on our youth, how a criminal record can affect one’s life, and knowing your civil rights. He has been interviewed on local television networks and appeared as a guest on the NAACP radio talk show “Voices of the Village.” Martin is also a ”Citizens to Reduce Recidivism” active member and participating attorney for 3 years.
Trial Experience: Lake County & Cook County
- Felony DUI
- Class X Felony jury trial experience
- Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- Attempt Murder
- Misdemeanor DUI
- Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm
- Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon
- Domestic Battery, Orders of Protection, Harassment and Stalking Protective Orders
- Juvenile Jury Trials, Residential Burglary & Burglary
- Sex Cases: Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse/Assault, Child Pornagraphy
*** ASK ABOUT DEFFERED PROESECUTIONS ***
INCLUDING: VETERANS COURT, DRUG COURT, MENTAL HEALTH COURT!
Some cases may be deferred to give the accused a second chance and can lead the State to DROP YOUR CASE!
Martin has served as a Waukegan Township Attorney and Lions’ Mathematics and Science Christian Academy Executive Board Member. He has also served as a counselor and volunteer for the Keep Your Home mortgage modification workshop hosted by the Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago.
The Walker family hosted President Barack Obama during his U.S. Senatorial race in 2004. As part of a fundraiser, Martin and his family opened the doors of their home and the President was gracious enough to make an appearance. The then Senator Obama spoke to a crowd that consisted of elected officials and local supporters.
- B.A., Morehouse College, Honors
- M.A., DePaul University, Honors
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, cum laude
- Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team, Regional and State champions
- Judicial Intern & Clerk of the 19th Judicial Circuit of Illinois
Martin enjoys reading, writing, and playing the guitar and piano in his spare time.